DIY Moon Sand!
Just mix 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of baby oil & you're ready for fun!
Fun, Cheap, Kid's Summer Activities!
Plastic Bead Sun-catchers
1. Arrange the pony beads into a single layer in metal baking dishes.
2. Melt the beads in the oven at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.
(in order to avoid the melting plastic smell, you can cook them in a toaster over outside, or in a grill outside for 10 minutes)
3. Once the sun-catchers are melted, let cool outside.
4. As soon as a bead suncatcher was cool, it popped right out and didn’t leave any visible residue at all!
5. Drill a small hole in each with the power drill, then string some old kite string through the holes to hang them up.
This ‘recipe’ was adapted from Steve Spangler Science.
*makes 1 serving of ice cream
2 sandwich-sized baggies,
2 gallon-sized baggies,
1/2 cup half-&-half (or milk),
1 tablespoon sugar,
1/2 teaspoon vanilla,
1/2 cup of rock salt,
1. Pour 1/2 cup of half-&-half or milk into one of your sandwich-sized baggies. Add 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Get all of the air out and then seal the bag. Place your filled bag into another sandwich-sized baggie and seal.
2. Put your double-bag inside of a gallon-sized baggie and add your ice and 1/2 cup of rock salt. Place this bag inside another gallon-sized bag (you will have 2 small bags and 1 large bag inside).
3. Have your child put on some gloves and start shaking!
4. Shake the bag for about 15-20 minutes, passing it around is always fun for the family.